Become a BWC
Thank you for your interest in applying to be a 2020 Best Workplace for Commuters! Movability has partnered with the City of Austin and Best Workplaces for Commuters to encourage Austin-area employers to apply for this national recognition opportunity.
Best Workplaces for Commuters (BWC) is an innovative membership program that provides qualified employers with national recognition and an elite designation for offering outstanding commuter benefits. Employers and developments that meet the National Standard of Excellence in commuter benefits can get on the list of Best Workplaces for Commuters. The application deadline for the 2020 BWC list is November 30, 2019.
If you missed the August 29, 2019 webinar about the benefits and requirements of BWC, you can watch a recording here. Discover how Movability can help you, and hear from two local companies who were recognized this year.
Ready to apply? Qualifying Movability members receive the following benefits.* Complete the form below to receive assistance from Movability:
- Expert assistance with 2020 BWC application ($75 value)
- 2020 BWC membership ($230 value)
- Award presentation and recognition at Mayor's Mobility Breakfast on February 5, 2020
- Two tickets to Mayor's Mobility Breakfast ($50 value)
- Inclusion in press release announcing the 2020 Best Workplaces for Commuters
In 2019, seventeen Austin-area organizations were recognized as Best Workplaces for Commuters:
- Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- car2go N.A., LLC
- Cirrus Logic Inc.
- City of Austin
- Downtown Austin Alliance
- Google LLC
- Merck & Company, Inc.
- Silicon Labs
- Texas Mutual Insurance Company
- The Thrival Company LLC
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Travis County
- University Federal Credit Union
- Whole Foods Market
*Organizations must be Movability members at the time of application and located within the Austin City limits to receive free BWC membership. Funding will be awarded in the order that applications are submitted and approved by Best Workplaces. Companies not receiving funding may still access discounted BWC membership ($190). To be recognized at the Mayor's Mobility Breakfast, organizations must be paid Movability members as of December 15, 2019 and through February 29, 2020.