This May there are plenty of ways to get involved in Bike Month, whether you're a seasoned cyclist or a beginner.
- Don't have a bike? No problem! MetroBike Austin will be offering free day passes on Bike to Work Day, May 19. Use code BTWD2023 for free MetroBike passes all day on May 19. Do you have a long commute but still want to be a part of Bike to Work Day? Bring your bike on Cap Metro buses and trains! Check out this video on how to load your bike on the bus.
- The Ghisallo Cycling Initiative will lead two group rides on the morning of Bike to Work Day, May 19. Both rides will leave at 7:00 am and end at City Hall, stopping at fueling stations along the way:
- The South to North Ride will meet at The Spokesman South (440 E St Elmo Rd, Austin, TX 78745) at 7:00 am and roll to City Hall. Route
- The East to West Ride will meet at Dear Diary Coffee Shop (1212 Chicon St, Austin, TX 78702) at 7:00 am and roll to City Hall. Route
- The fun doesn't end in the morning on Bike to Work Day. Stop by the official Bike to Work Day afterparty at Central Machine Works (4824 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702) from 6 - 8 pm. There will be live music, vendors, and food and drink specials. This will be a great opportunity to connect and share stories with other bike commuters.
- Get paid when you ride your bike with the Get There Central Texas Bike Month Challenge! Log your trips all month long to get gift cards each week.